Engineering Design Services
MEDS undertakes product design and development commissions from precision engineering and electronic instrumentation to heavy engineering and offshore pipeline construction. Services for Product Design and Development are provided to include a comprehensive package that will provide the Client with all details to carryout manufacture or prototype construction.
Engineering design work is carried out to the appropriate standards for the subjects. MEDS works with, and maintains an extensive library of, British, ASME, ISO, DnV, API, Lloyds and other standards and codes of practice.
Product design and development commissions include:-
- electric vehicle design
- precision, high volume production, gear box design
- plastic mouldings for the gift trade
- multi-stage passenger lift access stairs to aircraft
- sub-sea pipeline anchoring systems
- anchor wire dynamic in-line tension measuring equipment
- 750kW wind turbine hub
- design development of fabricated assemblies into castings
- design of commercial vehicles including semi-trailers
- pressure vessel design for process plant to BS 5500
- injection moulded precision plastic gears
- hydraulic and pneumatic system designs
- industrial instrumentation and software development
- bus conversion to a mobile museum unit
- anchor Wire & Chain J Chaser Designs from 100 to 130 tonne
- 500bar Isostatic pressure pressure vessel for ceramics production
- height adjustable cast iron manhole covers
- 16,000 psi Pressure Vessel for Scientific Instrument System
In addition to engineering design, services for product design and development can include industrial design, having prototypes constructed and assistance in implementing designs to the manufacturing stage.
Extensive use is made of computer analysis methods including CAD, finite elements, fatigue and dynamic modelling analysis.